Dr Andrew CotterillPaediatric Endocrinologist
Dr Cotterill is a consultant specialist in paediatric endocrinology, recognised internationally as an expert in the diagnosis and treatment of endocrine disorders in babies, children and adolescents.
He is experienced across the many endocrine disorders including:
- Type 1 diabetes (including insulin pump therapy)
- Thyroid disorders (congenital hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s disease, Grave’s disease)
- Pituitary and adrenal disorders
- Short stature
- Delayed and precocious puberty
- Gender dysphoria
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
Dr Cotterill holds medical qualification from the United Kingdom and Australia. He became a specialist children’s physician in 1988 and an accredited paediatric endocrinologist in 1993.
He is a past president of the Australian Paediatric Endocrine Group which fosters a sharing of research and clinical care among paediatric endocrinologists across Australia and New Zealand. He is an associate professor at the University of Queensland, teaching medical students and junior doctors.
Dr Cotterill is married with 3 children, now grown into wonderful adults.