Hormones are the chemicals secreted by endocrine glands. They play a major role in metabolism, regulation of physiological processes, and overall development of the body.
Sometimes these hormones are out-of-balance.
Endocrine disorders may be congenital (from birth) or acquired. They are many and varied as the list below shows:
List of endocrine disorders treated by Queensland Paediatric Endocrinology
We recommend this website: www.apeg.org.au
- When is the right time to teach my child about puberty and sexual development?
- What are the disorders affecting the pituitary gland?
- How common are the parathyroid gland disorders?
- What are the common adrenal gland disorders?
- What are the common syndromes of endocrine disorder?
- What is Turner’s Syndrome?
- Does my child have Downs Syndrome?